Applying for Fellowship
The University of Florida Pediatric Hematology Oncology Fellowship program typically has one incoming first year fellowship position per academic year, but has the capability of accepting two applicants. Out program is a participant in both the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and the National Resident Matching Program (NRNP) for the selection of its fellowship applicants. Application are accepted from September through October for positions that begin on July of the following academic year and must be submitted through ERAS.
Applications must include:
- Medical School Transcript
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (Dean’s Letter)
- All American Board of Pediatric In-Training Exam (ABPITE) scores
- Scores from all three (3) steps of either the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) or the Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination (COMPLEX)
- A Personal Statement
- Three (3) letters of reference
- All Applicants must have successfully completed a US Residency Program
International Medical Graduates are accepted and welcome to apply. However, we will only sponsor a J-1 Visa.
All completed applications are reviewed by the program director for interview selection. Interviews are conducted from September through November. Applicants who are selected for interview are scheduled to meet with attending faculty members, the division chairman and the fellowship program director. Applicants are also given a tour of the University of Florida Health Shand’s Children’s Hospital, and they also meet with our current fellows, nursing staff, ARNP’s and PA’s. Once all interviews are conducted, the group establishes a ranking list to be submitted to NRMP.
If you have any additional questions regarding the process please contact the Program Director Tung Wynn, MD.