Trisha Kissoon, MD, MBA
Third Year Fellow: PGY 6
Pediatric Residency: Nicklaus Children’s Hospital (formerly Miami Children’s Hospital)
Clinical Mentor: Dr. Sridharan Gururangan, FRCP (Edin.)
Dr. Kissoon is mentored by Dr. Duane Mitchell, MD, PhD and by Dr. Catherine Flores, PhD. Her research focuses on developing strategies to utilize ex-vivo expanded CD34+ selected hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells to upregulate immunotherapy responses to checkpoint inhibition as applied to the treatment of pediatric brain tumors. She is actively working on translating basic science into a clinical trial for recurrent and progressive GBM and high-grade gliomas.
Dr. Kissoon is mentored by Dr. Biljana Horn, MD and Dr. Jatinder Lamba, PhD. Her project focuses on utilizing pharmacogenomic testing to evaluate for significant polymorphisms that may be related to toxicities during induction chemotherapy. This work is grant-supported by Children’s Miracle Network and by the University of Florida CTSI.
Advocacy and Leadership
- Dr. Kissoon has launched QI projects to improve comprehensive care delivery to pediatric oncology patients and to improve functional outcomes in children with cancer by targeting chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy (CIPN). Her work on functional outcomes is supported by a UF Health Shands Hospital Auxiliary Grant.
- Dr. Kissoon was peer-selected as a Housestaff Representative on the UF Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC).
- Dr. Kissoon was accepted to participate in the Society of Neuro-Oncology Clinical Trials Course.
- Dr. Kissoon attended the American Academy of Pediatrics Legislative Conference on Capitol Hill in April 2019 where she advocated for public health awareness of and research funding to support gun violence prevention.
- Dr. Kissoon has written for the American Academy of Pediatrics Early Career Physicians Blog on topics of cancer survivorship and mental health awareness in pediatric cancer patients.
- Kissoon T, Gururangan S, Sladky J. (2019). “Acute neurotoxicity following vincristine due to Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease in a young child with medulloblastoma.” Neuro-Oncology Practice, May 2019. DOI: 10.1093/nop/npz002.
- Kissoon T, Godder K, Fort J. (2019). “Infusion of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Products via Pump Mechanism: An Approach Worth Consideration?” Journal of Pediatric Hematology Oncology. PMID: 31033784.
- Kissoon T, Larkin B, Rosa-Olivares J, Arevalo O. “Survey for Smiles: Improving oral health outcomes through structured counseling in ambulatory pediatrics.” Florida Pediatrician, Winter 2018.
- Kissoon T, Butts R, Lagmay J, Horn B. (2019). “Chordoma of the clivus and acute myeloid leukemia: Is there a connection?” Journal of Pediatric Hematology Oncology. (Accepted Manuscript JPHO-19-179).
- Kissoon T, Gururangan S. “Vincristine neurotoxicity in Charcot-Marie-Tooth.” International Society of Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Meeting, 2018.
- Kissoon T, Horn B, Li P. “Parvovirus B19 infection manifesting as cytopenia in constellation with bone pain post hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.” ASPHO Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, PA 2018.
- Kissoon T, Godder K, Fort J. “Infusion of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Products via Pump Mechanism.” PBMTC Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, PA 2018.
- Kissoon T, Lagmay J, Horn B. “CBFB-MYH11 Gene Fusion: A Potential Connection Between Clival Chordoma and Acute Myeloid Leukemia.” ASPHO Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA 2019
- Kissoon T, Kim S, Elder M, Horn B. “Immunomodulation with Anakinra as a Potential Treatment Route for Congenital Hemophagocytic Lymphohistocytosis (HLH).” PBMTC Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA 2019.
- Kissoon T, Nettle R, Rhoton A. “Fertility Challenges Facing the AYA Cancer Population from the Survivors Perspective.” Pediatric Academic Society Meeting, Baltimore, MD 2019.
- Kissoon T, Watford T, Fort J, Slayton W. “Utilizing technology to optimize comprehensive care for children with newly diagnosed cancer.” Pediatric Academic Society Meeting, Baltimore, MD 2019.
- Kissoon T, Shenoy A, Lagmay J. “Infant bronchiolitis or more? A Case of Superior Mediastinal Infantile Fibrosarcoma.” ASPHO Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA 2019
- Kissoon T, Blatt J, Lagmay J. “Spinal Cord Compression in Relapsed Favorable Histology Wilms Tumor.” ASPHO Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA 2019
- Kissoon T, Kresak J, Cockrell E, Governale L, Gururangan S. “Anaplastic pilomyxoid astrocytoma harboring BRAF fusion, PTEN, and TERT mutations.” Society of Neuro-Oncology Annual Meeting, Phoenix, AZ 2019.
- Kissoon T, Krauser J, Gururangan S, Fisher J. “Psychosocial impairment in pediatric neuro-oncology patients and their caregivers.” Society of Neuro-Oncology Annual Meeting. Phoenix, AZ 2019.
- Pediatric neuro-oncology, pediatric leukemia, cancer survivorship, advocacy, development of novel therapeutics, medical education
Mansi Dalal, MD
First Year Fellow: PGY 4
Residency: Sinai Hospital of Baltimore