Bone Marrow Transplant
Pediatric Hematology Oncology Bone Marrow Transplant Team
The UF Health Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplantation Program offers novel treatments to patients with high-risk malignancies, immunological disorders and bone marrow failure syndromes that are not available anywhere else in this region. Our team is known for our highly patient-centric, holistic approach, leading to outstanding treatment outcomes.
Our program was the first in Florida to receive accreditation from the Found for Accreditation of Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation and received FACT designation for the sixth consecutive accrediting period in 2015.
The pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplantation Program, in collaboration with the UF Health Cancer Center, uses a multidisciplinary patient care approach that optimizes patient outcomes and satisfaction.
The Pediatric BMT program has successfully performed stem cell transplantation to treat a broad variety of malignant and benign hematologic disorders, including but not limited to:
- Acute leukemia, chronic leukemia and myelodysplastic syndromes
- Severe aplastic anemia
- Inherited bone marrow failure syndromes, including Fanconi anemia
- Hemoglobinopathies, including thalassemia and sickle cell disease
- Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis
- Primary immunodeficiencies
- Inherited metabolic disorders
Meet our BMT Team
|Dr. Biljana Horn
BMT Program Director
|Dr. John Fort
|Dr. Paul Castillo